Winter Cherry / Asgandh Ashwagandha (اسگند, اسگندنا گوری) is also known as Indian Ginseng and Withania Somnifera. Its plant is originated from India and it grows best in dry regions. It has a wide range of health benefits.
Ingredient Name :
Withania somnifera Dunal.
Arabic Name : Kaknaje Hindee, Simm al-faraakh
Bengali Name : Ashwagandha
Chinese Name : Cui mian shui qie
English Name : Winter Cherry, Indian Ginseng
German Name : Schlafbeere
Gujarati Name : Asan, Asoda, Asgandha, Asundha, Ghodakun
Hindi Name : Asgandh, Nagori Asgandh, Aksan
Kannada Name : Hiremaddinegida, Kiremallinagida, Asvagandhi, Angarberu
Kashmiri Name : Asgandh
Latin name : Withania somnifera Dunal.
Marathi Name : Asagandha, Askagandha, Askandha
Persian Name : Bari Behman
Punjabi Name : Asgandh, Ashwagandha, Aksan
Sanskrit Name : Ashwagandha
Urdu Name : Asgand Nagori
3 to 10 g powder of root.
Do not use if you are taking anxiety or anti-seizure medication. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, speak with your doctor before taking Ashwagandha. Do not take Ashwagandha if you have leukemia and are being treated with cyclophosphamide (a ‘chemo’ medicine). Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it: Feeling cold (decrease in body temperature) or upset stomach.
- Winter Cherry has the ability to fight against cancer, it is known to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy without interfering with the tumor cell-killing activity.
- It has been found to be effective in dealing with a variety of rheumatologic problems. The herb is known to act as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor that decreases inflammation and pain.
- It is effective in controlling bacterial infections in humans.
- It is effective in urogenital, gastrointestinal, and respiratory tract infections when consumed orally.
- With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, is good for cardiovascular health problems. It strengthens the heart muscles and can also control cholesterol.
- It is used to improve both physical and mental health particularly great to reduce anxiety and depression because of its anti-stress properties. It had been administered to induce a soothing and calming effect on a person.
- Winter Cherry can be used to stimulate the thyroid gland. If using on a daily basis, it would increase the secretion of thyroid hormones.
- Winter Cherry possesses hemo-poetic properties that helps to prevent conditions like anemia.
- It is useful in improving muscular strength of the lower limbs and weakness. It also has a positive impact on neuro-muscular coordination.
- Winter Cherry is used to restore male libido, cure impotence and increase male fertility. It can be used as a male tonic.
- It helps to regulate blood sugar which aids in suppressing sugar cravings.
- Pregnant women are advised to avoid consumption of Winter Cherry, as it possesses abortifacient properties.
- Avoid consumption of Winter Cherry in large amounts, as this may have side effects such as diarrhea, upset stomach, and nausea.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Amnesia (Impairment of Memory)
- Depressed Libido
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Exhaustion after Coitus
- General Debility
- Lack of Appetite
- Nervous Debility
- Premature Aging
- Seminal Debility
- Sexual Debility
- Suppressed Post-partum Lactation
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.